The Annual General Meeting of Nordic Editors and Translators ry (NEaT) will be held on Tuesday 21 April 2020 from 17:00 to 18:30 EEST online using Zoom.
To join the meeting on that date and time, you willl need the login and password, which will we will email to all members. If you have not received the password by the day of the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ian Mac Eochagáin at +358 44 313 2816.
The agenda, as laid out in our constitution, is as follows:
- Call to order of the meeting.
- Election of a chairperson, a secretary, two individuals to scrutinize the minutes and two individuals to count the votes at the meeting where necessary.
- Declaration that the meeting is lawful and that those present form a quorum.
- Approval of the agenda for the meeting.
- Presentation of the financial statements and the annual report by the treasurer.
- Decision to confirm the financial statements and discharge the Board and other accountable persons from liability, subject to the auditor’s report.
- Presentation of the activities in 2019 and the operating plan for 2020 by the chairperson of the NEaT board, Ian Mac Eochagáin. The treasurer, Daryl Taylor, will comment on the budget for 2020.
- Approval of the operating plan and the budget.
- Approval of the membership subscription.
- Reports on education and cooperation by the chairpersons of the Education and Cooperation committees.
- Election of the Chairperson, three (3) other full members, and four (4) deputy members of the Board for the following year.
- Election of one auditor and one deputy auditor. Lauri Mäkelä has agreed to be the auditor for 2020.
- Consideration of any other business laid out in the invitation to the meeting.
The NEaT constitution also allows for members to submit items for consideration at the AGM. Please email the NEaT board at email@example.com no later than Friday, 17th April if you would like to submit such business.
Meeting etiquette. To ensure a smooth meeting and as a courtesy to fellow participants, please:
- arrive at the meeting on time (if you haven’t used Zoom before, you can come a few minutes early and we will help you to get set up)
- on a phone or tablet, download the Zoom app first to ensure the sound works
- mute your microphone on entry and when you are not speaking
- raise your hand to get the chair’s attention if you wish to speak
- use headphones if possible to reduce echo
- use the chat to message the host or group
File and screen sharing are disabled for this meeting and the link is password protected to ensure people’s privacy. Please do not share the meeting ID with non-members.These things will make the meeting more comfortable – and easy on the ears! – for everyone. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the AGM.